Nominate a Student-Athlete
Thank you for your interest in nominating a deserving student-athlete for the CalHOPE Courage Award, presented by the College Sports Communicators (formerly CoSIDA). Before you proceed, please review the requirements below to make sure your student-athlete is eligible.
- Student-athlete must be on the active roster of an intercollegiate sports team at a college or university in California for the 2023-24 school year. The school can be from the following divisions: Division 1-3, CCCAA or NAIA.
- Student-athlete must have overcome, or currently be dealing with, the stress, anxiety and mental trauma associated with personal hardships, life circumstances, or injury. The adversity does not need to have occurred during their college years.
- You must be a member of a college sports information department. If you are a friend or family member of the student-athlete, please contact their school’s sports information department to nominate them.
- We encourage you to nominate multiple student-athletes from your college who may fit the criteria. We are hoping to share a wide array of stories from student-athlete representing a variety of different sports.
- Once a student-athlete is nominated, there is no need to nominate them again. There is also no need to wait until their sport is in season. Once nominated, they will receive consideration every month – from September 2023 through April 2024. If there is a dramatic change to their story, you can send us an update via email to